- For Residents
The Building Inspection Department will remain as flexible as possible in order to meet your needs while managing and balancing duties and time-sensitive requests. We thank you in advance for your patience.
|Monday||10:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Inspectors Available for Walk-Ins and/or Appointments|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM - 3:00 PM, Scheduled Inspections/Appointments|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Inspectors Available for Walk-Ins and/or Appointments|
|1st and 3rd Thursday||10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Scheduled Inspections/Appointments Only|
|2nd and 4th Thursday||10:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Schecduled Inspections/Appointments Only|
|Friday||Inspectors Available by Appointment Only, (with Exception for Emergencies and Exigencies)|
For questions or to schedule an appointment call:
Phone: 304-830-1876 or 304-845-3394
Please submit all building permit application at least one week prior to work beginning to allow for proper approval processes. ALL permits MUST be submitted PRIOR to work being started. Exceptions can and will be made for emergency work that affect the health and safety of occupants/businesses that must be accomplished ASAP.
Permits and Licenses
- A Building Permit is required for all work. There is not charge for projects $1,000.00 and under, including materials and labor. See tiered schedule below.
- A City Contractor’s license is required for any job over $300 (materials and labor) which includes any pay.
- All subcontractors must have a state contractor’s license also
- A Business Registration Certificate is required for all contractors no matter what the amount of the job is.
- B&O taxes for each job must be paid before any permits are issued.
- The general contractor pays the B&O tax on the total cost of the contract.
- Each subcontractor must pay B&O on his portion of the contract and permit fee.
- All electrical work requires an electrical permit. Any work hired must be performed by a state-licensed electrician.
- Electrical permits are calculated based on the number of electrical items.
- Plumbing permits are required for all plumbing work.
- New construction (residential, modular, trailers, commercial) require plot, detailed prints, electrical permits, plumbing permits, building permits, stormwater runoff permit and occupancy permit.
- Other permits that may be required:
- Water Tap $330.00
- Sewer Tap $750.00
- Curb Cutting $2.00 per lineal foot.
- Street Cutting $200.00
Building permit fees:
|Min Amount||Max Amount||Fee|
|$35,001.00 and Over||$50.00 plus $2.00 per $1000 or Fraction of $1,000 over $35,001.00|
Electrical & Plumbing permit information can be found in the codified ordinances of Moundsville.
Part Seventeen - Building and Housing Code
- Electrical permit and inspection fees. 1709.03
- Plumbing permit and inspection fees. 1709.07
All Payments Must Be Made at the City Building. Please Call 304-845-3394 to Arrange for Payment.
Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria
|Ground Snow Load||30 psf|
|Wind Speed Design (mph)||90 mph|
|Seismic Design Category||B|
|Subject to Damage From|
|Frost Line Depth||30''|
|Termite||Moderate to Heavy|
|Winter Design Temp||11 Degrees|
|Ice Barrier Underlayment Required||Yes|
Applications & Forms