- For Residents
The City of Moundsville operates a drop-off recycling program. Currently, the program accepts mixed papers and cardboards, glass, and plastic film (see below). The Drop-Off Center is located at the City of Moundsville Sanitation facility at 3 Brown Street (old Kittle Hauling property), and is open on Saturdays from 8 AM - 12 PM.
The Recycling Coordinator can be reached by phone at 304-845-3511.
Acceptable Clean and Dry Papers/Cardboards
· Office Paper (All Colors)
· Card Stock
· Junk Mail (No Plastics)
· Greeting Cards
· Manila File Folders (No Hanging Folders)
· Shredded Paper (Must be Put in a Paper Bag) *Only for City Staff, Not Public*
· Newspaper and Inserts
· Paperback Books
· Phone Books
· Corrugated Cardboard Boxes
· Poster Board
· Frozen Food Boxes
· Cereal/Pasta/Other Food Boxes - BOX ONLY - NO PLASTIC BAG INSERTS
· Pizza Boxes
· Any Food Box with Food Waste
· Juice Boxes
· Paper Cups
· Paper Towels
· Laminated Paper
· Textbooks/Hardback Books
· Wax Coated Cardboard
· Plastic Envelopes/Bags
· Bubble Inserts or Plastic Fillers
· Books, Folders, etc., with Metal or Plastic Binders
Acceptable Clean Glass Items
Remove all lids and rinse out jar or bottle before dropping off.
· Food jars such as pasta sauce, pickles, peppers, olives, salsa, etc.
· Beer and wine bottles (all colors) are accepted also.
· light bulbs, drinkware, cookware, window glass, etc.
Acceptable Plastic Bags and Plastic Films
· Grocery bags
· Newspaper sleeves
· Product plastic wrap, bubble wrap, shrink wrap, etc.
· Any plastic that can be easily squeezed/squished.
· Water bottles, milk jugs, any rigid plastic.